Sunday, November 25, 2007

MAROON! WHITE! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! MISSISSIPPI STATE! WHOO, DAMN RIGHT!

I have been really bad about updating the blog! We have been so extremely busy!
Rewind a few weeks to the MSU/ Alabama game. This game is so huge to Brett because he grew up an Alabama fan but obviously attended MSU. Every year we try to setup our own tailgate for this game. This year it turned out so good! We rented a four bedroom apartment that was furnished and split it with three other couples. There were no hotel rooms and this actually turned out better anyway. We invited a ton of family and friends and everyone chipped in on the food and decorations. We setup next to the Fesmire's 3 tents so it turned into one big group. I can't believe I didn't get more pictures. I took one of Brett's family and set down the camera to try a bloody mary. I guess it was good! I completely forgot about taking pics the rest of the day.We tried to snap a cute one with Bella but it turned out sort of unbalanced as you can see.


Anyway, we beat Bama!! Even bigger news, Brett crossed over to being a 100% Bulldog fan this year! In the past he has generated some wierd looks by ringing his cowbell and yelling Roll Tide at the same time! It is so nice to finally have a winning football season.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


On the football topic, this weekend was the Egg Bowl. It was freezing but wonderful! Ole Miss had gotten in trouble earlier in the week for their players stealing hotel pillows and clocks. We saw a ton of jokes, people wearing pillow cases and signs that said, I'm not an Ole Miss football player but I did steal something at a Holiday Inn Express last night.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We crashed in on the Fesmire's to tailgate. They are so sweet! Emily had Carter all bundled up as a true bulldog! He had a hat that was a bulldog head and mittens that were paws. Complete with an I only spit up on Rebels bib..too cute!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The game was an emotional rollercoaster! We were favored to win but the first three quarters they shut us out 14-0. We left disgusted at the 3rd quarter and went back to the tent to eat and gripe. Somehow we managed to turn it all around. We heard a huge cheer from the stadium and turned on the radio to hear us beat the Rebels 17-14. It was a nice turn of events!! Croom made a victory lap with the flag afterwards. We watched it on tv later that night since we had left the stadium early..
Ole Miss fired Coach O the next day... we are so thankful for that last minute win!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was a great way to finish the year. We are hoping for a good bowl game somewhere close by. We are excited for next year because Birmingham is still only two and half hours from Starkville so we will get to see everyone a lot during football season!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: