Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Fabulous Life of... just kidding

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I like to pretend that I am a jet setting celebrity when we take Dad's plane on trips... in reality it is a little scary and I am probably doing more praying than partying :) This afternoon Mom, Dad and I flew to Meridian, MS to vist my grandmother. It was an hour flight then a 45 minute drive to Shubuta..which is great compared to a 5 hour drive each way! My grandmother has pancreatic cancer that is progressing rapidly. We wanted to visit because she only has a few weeks left. It seems that cancer is affecting a lot of loved ones lately! Brett's mom is courageously fighting as well. She has had a rough week..Say some prayers! Brett went with her today to the doctor, her platelet count was at 17,000 and normal levels are around 150,000-400,000. They gave her a few bags of blood earlier in the week.Today they had to fly some platelets in from Jackson but they got her setup and she is supposed to start feeling much better.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Overall, we had a really good trip today. We got to see family that I haven't seen in years! Our cousin Margaret is an awesome artist. I got to see plates and Christmas ornaments that are painted and fired in a kiln..they were so cute! I am emailing an order to her soon! My grandmother was really weak and frail but in good spirits. It was nice to get away and go out to the country. They love animals.. my uncle paul has a rooster! Dad made rooster noises and the rooster would answer back! It was hilarious. Dad snapped his picture during their "talk".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: