Ok, I lied! I said I would keep up with the blog but I have not. We are busy as usual. Brett and I held formal interviews Friday and hired one employee! We are still interviewing and considering a second. We also have a part time bilingual employee...exciting! We have been trying to sneak in some discover Bham time but haven't gotten much done other than restaurants. Brett passed his life and health licensing exam Thursday so we tried a place called Fire. It was pretty dissapointing. After dinner we walked past a cute ice cream shop called Clumpie's. It was amazing! Best ice cream I have had in a very long time. After the stress of interviews Friday we had a really good dinner at Plaza III. It felt sort of like a chain but had a great steak regardless. We have visited 4 of the restaurants on our "list"... we are planning on trying Bright Star this week. We should probably cut out the fine dining but it is the only time we get to really chill and talk and not think about work. I will admit, I have been pretty much consumed 24/7 with State Farm. It is amazing that plans are finally becoming reality!
Last weekend we went to my cousin Claire's pinning ceremony for nursing school. She is finally done with all the hectic craziness that is nursing school!! Yay Claire!!
I like the above pic, I played with the settings on my camera and accidentally got this effect..
We went to dinner after and bought Claire a shot to celebrate. My aunt, obviously had never seen someone take a shot and exclaimed, why would you do that?! when Claire took it. We ordered her one and chanted until she finally took it to avoid dying of embarrassment.
After dinner, we went out with Claire and Jim...not much to get into so we drove out to the Bourbon mall and had a great time (and apparently took pics with the band)
We went to Pickwick on Sunday for mothers day and hung out at my parents new house. It is really cute! I am so proud of them, they are learning to decorate and doing a good job. I had pics but can't get them to upload.
This morning I pulled out the sewing machine and made some decorative towels. The pics do not do them justice, they are really cute! I have a cheap Walmart shower curtain in the guest bath, it looks nicer than Walmart though. I couldn't find any towels or things to match so I made two hand towels for the jack and jill baths and 2 for the towel bar from another shower curtain. In these pics, they look puke orange but in reality they are more of a rust color...


I had material left over so I ripped apart the couch pillows that were hideously modern and replaced the fronts, it took forever but was turned out cute. Once we really have things decorated, I will take some pics of the house. We have 3 or 4 rooms fully done but still have a lot left to completing the rest of the house.

Pretty boring stuff... but I was so proud of my sewing skills! I have been meaning to write a real blog. The other day I about went insane calling ATT with their automated menus that make it impossible to reach a live person. I almost blogged about how funny it is that a recording can make a perfectly sane person lose it. Well, as exciting as that would have been , you have all been spared... until next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment